HP Notebook PCs - Steps for Removing and Replacing the SIM Card
This document provides instructions for the removal and replacement of the SIM card for the HP Compaq models 6715b and 6515b series notebook PCs.
Use the video as a guide while following the written instructions below.
To view the video press the Play button on the player control bar below the video.
To stop the video press the Pause button on the player control bar below the video.
To restart the video press the Rewind button on the player control bar below the video.
Flash Player from Macromedia is required to view this video. Visit the
(in English) to download and install Flash Player.
- Slide the battery release latch to the release position.
- Slide and hold the battery locking latch to the unlocked position.
- Slide the battery out of the battery bay.
NOTE: The SIM card is used on only 6715b and 6515b models with wireless WAN.
- Press in and release the SIM card to partially eject it from the base enclosure.
- Pull the SIM card out of the SIM card slot in the base enclosure.
- Place the SIM card in a static dissipative bag.
- Remove the SIM card from the static dissipative bag.
- With the circuit etching facing down and the cut corner toward the inside of the notebook, insert and press the SIM card into the SIM card slot in the base enclosure.
- Slide the battery into the battery bay until it is properly seated and the locking latch clicks.