|| Rate this content|
HP ProLiant Servers - How to Configure Raid on HP Internal 8/4 Port HBA?
This is a Raid Controller has a lsi Logic Chipset and the bios for this controller is also developed by lsi. Hence the configuration of raid is not as straight forward as some other controllers
To determine if the controller is a HP Internal 8/4 port controller:
1) In Post look for the following "Press F8 to start LSI Logic Configuration Utility.. ."
NOTE: There no need to enable the controller in the Bios as this is a PCI Card.
To Configure Raid 0/1
1) press the F8 key,
2) To change the position of an adapter in the boot order sequence, move the cursor to the Boot Order field for that adapter and then press the - or + key.
3) To access Adapter Properties screen , use the arrow keys to move the cursor to an adapter in the Adapter List field and then press the Enter key.
4) To perform RAID array configuration and management tasks, move the cursor to the RAID Properties field and then press the Enter key.
5) Select New Array Type.
6) Select the type of raid to be configured raid 0/1.
For more detail please refer to installation guide available at: