Drivers, Software and Firmware for HP LaserJet 1200 Printer series
Subscribe to driver and support alerts
Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and support email alerts. Only receive updates on products you specify or own when you want them.
|The OS Driver Bundles contain PCL 5e, PCL 6, and Postscript drivers only for the Windows 2000/XP operating systems. The drivers are also available, individually, from the product specific download pages.|
This section will help you in the download of the software to your computer
and start you on the install process.
Before proceeding with the software installation, the printer must first be properly set up, and your computer must be ready to print.
- Turn on the printer first, then turn on the computer.
- Close any screen savers, virus protection programs, or other software programs running on your computer.
- Click on Download Now and a File Download box will appear.
- Select Save This Program to Disk and a Save As box will appear.
- Select a directory to save the file in and click Save.
- Locate the file using Windows Explorer when the download has completed.
- Double click on the file. This will extract all the driver files into a directory on your hard
drive. The directory these files are extracted to will have a similar name to the file that was downloaded
(i.e., c:\lj987). However, you can change the path and directory name at the time of extracting the file.
- Open the Printers Window (Click Start-Settings-Printers).
- Update the printer if it was previously installed
- Right click on the printer and select Properties from the pop menu.
- On the General tab, select New Driver.
- Click on the Warning Box that pops up.
- A printer listing box will appear. Select Have Disk.
- Another box Install from Disk appears.
- Click the Browse to locate the expanded files directory (i.e., c:\lj206).
- Click on the file ending with .inf .
- Click Open and then Okay and let files install.
- Add the printer if it hasn't been installed yet.
- Click Add New Printer
- Follow the instructions of the Add Printer Wizard.
|Please rate the information on this page to help us improve our content. Thank you!
- Was the information on this page helpful to find what you were looking for?