|HP Deskjet 1280 Printer series Support||Download options||View Download options menu||Knowledge Base||View Knowledge Base menu||Forums||Parts, Repair & Warranty||View Parts, Repair & Warranty menu||Get help from HP||View Get help from HP menu|
Important note: For HP Servers Customers with an HP ProLiant Server
Starting February 2014, an active warranty or contract is required to access HP ProLiant Server firmware updates. Security and safety updates do not require an active warranty or services contract. View your existing contracts & warranties or get help linking contracts or warranties to your HP Support Center user profile. To obtain additional support coverage, please contact your local HP office, HP representative, or visit Contact HP. Click here for more information.
Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and support email alerts. Only receive updates on products you specify or own when you want them.
|Type:||Driver - Product Installation Software|
|Version:||184.108.40.206 (1 Feb 2005)|
|Operating System(s):||Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Server 2003|
|File name:||dj1283en.exe (3.2 MB)|
This driver supports the hp deskjet 1280 series printer on Windows 2000, Windows XP 32bit and Windows 2003 Server.
It contains ONLY the driver and does NOT include installation instructions, the printer driver uninstaller or the printer toolbox.
1. Download the file onto your local hard drive.
2. Choose View then Options in your Windows Explorer. Check that the settings "Show all files" and "display the full path in title bar" are enabled.
3. Double click the .exe file.
4. This will extract all components necessary for the "add printer" installation in to your hard drive. Make a note of the location of the extracted components.
5. Use the printer folder or the Windows control panel to initiate the "add printer" option on your computer.
6. Follow the step-by-step instructions, which will appear, on your screen.
7. When appropriate, use the "Have Disk" option, and start the installation by browsing to the sub-directory that contains the extracted components.
8. Follow the remaining instructions, which will appear, on your screen.