Drivers, Software and Firmware
Important note: For HP Servers Customers with an HP ProLiant Server
Starting February 2014, an active warranty or contract is required to access HP ProLiant Server firmware updates. Security and safety updates do not require an active warranty or services contract. View your existing contracts & warranties or get help linking contracts or warranties to your HP Support Center user profile. To obtain additional support coverage, please contact your local HP office, HP representative, or visit Contact HP. Click here for more information.
Subscribe to driver and support alerts
Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and support email alerts. Only receive updates on products you specify or own when you want them.
This SoftPaq contains the Windows 98SE, Windows 2000, and Windows XP audio driver for the desktop models listed below that have the ADI AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Controller.
- Customers using SoundMax II (Drivers 126.96.36.19909 or earlier) will lose Sensuara 3D algorithm Support.
- If you use Compaq System Software Manager (SSM) you must be using version 1.50 or later.
- For more information on Compaq SSM and to obtain the latest version of Compaq SSM please use the following URL: http://www.compaq.com/im/ssmwp.html
- Adds support for new products.
- Allows System tray volume applet to turn off sound (corrects issue found with ADI driver SoftPaq SP19397).
- Fixes problem where there was a Chinese character typo in a DLS Loader error message box caption.
- Respective Intel, VIa or Nvidia Chipset supported INF must be installed prior to installing this audio driver --
- For Intel chipsets (ICH2, 4 or 5) use SoftPaq SP24297 or greater
- For Nvidia chipsets (MCP1, 2 or CK8) use SoftPaq SP24324 or greater
- DirectX 6 or higher should be installed prior to installation of audio drivers from this Softpaq.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number listed on at the top of this document.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
4. To install: Execute the setup.exe file unpacked in step 2; The default location is C:\swsetup\SP24871, unless otherwise modified during step 2.
5. After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
|Please rate the information on this page to help us improve our content. Thank you!
- Was the information on this page helpful to find what you were looking for?